We are hiring IT/Software Asset
Management Consultants, SAM Systems Engineers, and Sales Professionals.
We are looking for bright energetic people who
want to contribute to the success of a fast-growing
People who relish both rolling-up their sleeves and bringing
first-class consulting solutions to our client base.
We offer motivated professionals an excellent opportunity for achievement
and career growth.
IT and/or Software Asset Management (ITAM/SAM) Consultant
We are looking for people with knowledge
of licensing for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software and familiarity
with IT and software asset management (SAM) best practices and
their role in business processes.
While we, provide training and admire self-starters
with can-do attitudes,
we are seeking people with prior ITAM /SAM experience.
Can you step
in where needed to bring innovative consulting
solutions that continue a tradition of high
customer satisfaction and success?
In consulting engagements, you will ...
- Work with companies to create a baseline
of their software asset management (SAM)
practices and a roadmap for SAM improvement.
- Identify software license compliance
issues by creating license gap analyses for our clients.
- Implement licensing and SAM solutions for our clients.
Desired Skills :
- Work experience either in
business IT consulting (internal role or with an established
firm), or in a customer facing role
with a software reseller, or in a
SAM/ITAM or licensing related position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft licensing (programs,
terms, and conditions).
- Strong problem resolution skills
and a passion for client satisfaction complemented
by in-depth knowledge of how software is licensed and procured
from major commercial off-the-shelf
software vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec).
- Knowledge of Windows networking
(Active Directory, login scripts, Group Policies, etc.).
Familiarity with software inventory and license management
tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with software
asset management (SAM) best practices (e.g. ITIL SAM Best Practices,
ISO SAM Processes Standard, etc.).
- Familiarity with Microsoft product
line and offerings. Breadth of knowledge in the uses, benefits and
lineage of business software
to use them.
- Solid requirements-gathering skills
with attention to project planning and the reality of client
- Proficiency in resolving issues and coordinating
efforts with internal and customer resources.
- Able to present company products, methodologies
and schedules to clients and strategic partners.
- Business writing proficiency: excellent
ability to gather notes, translate client meetings, and express
knowledge in written words.
- Solid project implementation skills including
problem solving and analytical skills;
particular attention given to detail, accuracy, and end-results.
- Multitasking skills with
the flexibility to complete concurrent projects on time and budget.
- Attention to servicing clients and managing projects.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solver. Able to prioritize tasks and workload.
- Strong work ethic with attention to details. Flexible attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrative cooperative attitude,
flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a growing team.
- Travel component (30+/-%).
- Candidate would ideally be based in New England
(Metro Boston). But, we will actively consider candidates to work in other
parts of the country based on applicable experience.
< APPLY BELOW >
SAM Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Systems Engineer (SAM Tools) with the right energy and enthusiasm.
Are you someone who relishes rolling-up-your sleeves and
embraces new knowledge? Someone who flourishes
in a fast-paced, challenging environment? Then read more.
We are a leading Software Asset Management (SAM)
consulting firm that helps clients implement Software
and IT Asset Management best practices.
We are looking to hire, on a temp-to-perm basis, someone
who can help us develop the tool implementation side
of our business. Our past relationships with SAM
tool vendors have been one of breadth over depth. We
have begun to closely align with particular tool vendor(s) and are both making
a technical resource commitment and embracing the entire feature sets of those tools.
We are looking for someone who will help customers deploy,
configure, and optimize these management tools to their
Responsibilities include providing technical leadership
in SAM tool deployments. You will work in conjunction with our SAM consultants to provide a complete
SAM solution to our clients.
The tools are client-server based (Windows). Among other
functions, they inventory software and hardware assets,
perform license and contract management as well as
application metering/control. Some perform SW distribution
and patch management functions as well. They are essentially IT and Software Asset
Management tools and can help clients ensure license
compliance at the base end.
You will receive extensive training in the particular tools.
Tool implementation typically last 2-3 weeks with a few
days on-site at the customer site
Manage tool deployment project (architect
and design deployment of tool)
Assess current network and operating environments
Create test and deploy production environments
Work with our sales force to recommend and scope these projects
Serve as resource to support customer's use of tool
Extend out tool functionality over time
You are or have:
- Experience in both technical support and software deployments.
Demonstrated experience with MS-SQL Server, Active Directory/Group Policy (GPOs) and advanced networking skills.
Microsoft Certification a plus.
Customer facing and problem solving skills. Self-starter.
Team player (able to think creatively).
Able to learn new skills (and can rapidly incorporate
and apply them). Highly organized.
Able to teach/train others.
A skilled presenter and can map high-level business
problems to the tools
Prior experience with software distribution, patch
management, asset management, and license management
a plus. Including Microsoft Configuration Manager 2007.
< APPLY BELOW >
You will be responsible
for generating leads and qualifying them for our professional services
practice. You will also sell direct to companies leveraging Soft-Aid's
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and qualify new sales opportunities
using an array of inside and outside sales practices
- Participate in the development of sales
goals and objectives
- Oversee development and execution of
tactical sales plan
- Communicate value proposition via marketing
materials that you help develop
- Report on lead and target status as well refine
system for tracking customer interactions
- Ensure client satisfaction
Required Work and Interpersonal Skills:
- One-plus (1+) year selling professional
services but will consider goal oriented, focused individual
with proven success in other business fields
- Sales execution and management skills with
Able to work with a minimum amount of direct
Creative problem solver, able to move past rejection with proven
ability to overcome obstacles
- Strong work ethic and relish "rolling
up your sleeves"
- Strong interpersonal, organizational,
and time management skills
- Multitasking skills with the flexibility to both
manage and execute a sales plan
Excellent telephone, written communication, and oral presentation
- Able to represent Soft-Aid in
a professional manner
- Maturing account management skills
Nice to have(s) (but not required) :
- Basic knowledge of software asset
management (SAM) and licensing practices for acquiring commercial
- Formal sales training from an industry recognized source
- Travel required (20+/-%) but Boston MA area position
< APPLY HERE >
If you feel you have the enthusiasm and
skill set required to excel in any of the above positions,
please attach your resume as a Microsoft Word document and please
name it with your personal name (e.g. johnsmith_resume.doc).
Please note, applicants who include a
cover letter explaining why a job/company
fit exists will receive more active consideration;
please detail why you would be a good fit for our growing company.
Please send your resume and cover letter via one of the following methods:
- Email your resume and cover letter to jobs
- Fax your resume and cover letter to (617) 848-5844
- Or mail your resume/cover letter to us at
271 Salem Street, Unit G, Woburn, MA 01801-2004